by Dr. John Hodges
Just when we thought it could not get any worse, it did. The chart above depicts current COVID trends in Florida, and it is not a pretty picture. The latest COVID new-daily-case-count for Florida (25 June 2020) is 8,933.
That is a big number and could easily top 10,000-per-day in a few days.
The chart below indicates the distribution by age. Now that testing is more widespread, you can see that more younger people are testing positive, while not necessarily showing.
We thought it was bad when we were seeing new daily cases in the 600 to 1200 range. This means that we are 8-times to 15-times as likely to encounter the COVID virus in our daily lives as were 2 months ago (when we thought it was devastatingly high.
So, the message has not changed:
- Wear your face mask in public – This is Socially Considerate
- Keep your nose and mouth covered when working, talking on the phone or around coworkers.
- If you must remove your mask for a client to hear you, wipe the phone down with disinfecting cloth when the call is complete.
- Wear your face while shopping or around others.
- Practice Extreme Social Distancing